Hmmm..
I originally started blogging just as a means of expression and somewhat accountability. An online journal of sorts. I believe in introspective reflection just as a means of keeping track of what I am doing, how I am spending my time etc. After pre-writing a number of articles across various blog-like channels, I realize it can be somewhat fickle when your standards are too high while your time is stretched too thin. I guess I need to re-think how I go about managing my online presence. My latest experiment of sorts has been Google+ and Twitter, all in one week. Social networks generally irritate me cause they are the black hole of time managers. But they also seem to be a part of life.
Ponder on this, I will.
Exact same reason I started blogging - have always loved writing, but my favourite writing is "random writing".
ReplyDeleteHave also been using various social networks to get my blog name out there (for 4 whopping days now), and while it definitely helps, I have found that most of my hits have come from the other side of the world, as a result of me commenting on other people's blogs.
Funny how investing interest in other people seems to inspire their interest in yourself.
Still, social media can't hurt :-)
It is amazing how despite the differences across the world how common threads keep popping up. Even for someone people averted like myself, I do find human beings interesting. What a paradoxical species we are.
ReplyDeleteWriting is good.. There is something therapeutic about it. So keep it up, I look forward to future rants :-)
Well said!
ReplyDeleteHmmm... Stay tuned, I have a new idea for a blog (thanks) - the ultimate rant.
Peace out.